Trask Proposal Guidelines
Please read carefully
Proposals will be reviewed ONLY after a complete disclosure has been filed with the Office of Technology Commercialization (www.otc-prf.org).
Proposal Submission Form:
For consideration, please submit the Proposal Outline to your departmental business office. They will complete an on-line Proposal Submission Form through Sponsored Program Services (SPS) whereby it will be recorded and then forwarded to the Office of Technology Commercialization.
Detailed below is an outline of the required information needed by the TIF Advisory Council to review your request. Please limit your proposal to 5-6 pages in length excluding the budget.
- Title of Project
- Background information
- What is the invention?
- Why was it created?
- What need does it address?
- How does it address the need?
- What might be claimed in a patent?
- Summary of the current state of the technology
- Statement of Work
- What will be done with the Trask Innovation Fund Award?
- Describe the proposed work and time frame to complete the work.
- Regulatory approvals (if applicable) are required if project is funded (Animal & Human Subject, etc.)
- How will this work make the invention or technology more marketable?
- Are there any companies currently interested in taking license to this technology?
- Budget requested by category: (Include Department Name and Number)
- Salaries Research Assistant, Graduate Students, etc. (no funds to be used for faculty salary compensation)
- Fee Remits
- Supplies (must be itemized)
- Total Amount Requested