The Purdue Research Foundation helps find and provide support for startup companies. By providing funding for very early-stage companies, we help speed the process from discovery to delivery.
- Trask Innovation Fund - The Purdue Research Foundation-managed Trask Innovation Fund (TIF) is a Purdue University development mechanism to assist faculty with work to further commercial potential of technologies disclosed to the Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC). Funds are awarded under the advisement of the TIF Advisory Council, which consists of representatives from the Purdue University Office of the Vice President for Research, Purdue Faculty, Purdue Research Foundation, and local business community.
- Emerging Innovations Fund - This initiative offers financial support for startup companies. By providing funding for very early-stage companies, we help speed the process from discovery to delivery.
- Ag-celerator - This plant sciences innovation fund is designed to provide critical startup support for Purdue innovators who wish to commercialize patented intellectual property or Purdue "know-how" technologies in plant sciences, including areas of research in crop optimization, hybrid and seed development, and precision agriculture.
- Elevate Purdue Foundry Fund - The Elevate Purdue Foundry Fund will be operated jointly by the Purdue Foundry and Elevate Ventures and will further expedite the translation of life-changing intellectual property to commercial sectors. Qualifying startups must be Purdue Foundry clients and have gone through the startup process.
- Foundry Investment Fund - The $12 million Foundry Investment Fund, a not-for-profit fund, seeks to join with other investors to fund companies that are based on Purdue technology or expertise in the areas of human and animal health and plant sciences. The Fund provides a match to outside investors’ funds, adding critical capital for the transition from the discovery of a promising technology to founding a viable life sciences company. Returns on the investments will remain in the fund for future investments.
- P3 Alliance - Utilizing our online presence, Purdue-related startup companies seeking angel level investment will be able to pitch their investment opportunity to pre-qualified participants in the P3 Alliance. Three to four meetings will be shceduled annually to hear selected company presentations.
- Purdue Startup Fund - The Purdue Research Foundation and University Development Office have launched the Purdue Startup Fund to maximize Purdue’s commitment to serve others through the commercialization of innovations. As a part of this initiative, a $5 million matching program will provide a 1:1 match for gifts to this fund, resulting in more than $10 million to expedite and generate even more commercialization and startup creation.
For more information, you can visit our campus office in Hovde Hall room 353.